Now for the pillows! I started with a doubled ended dresser scrarf that had some damage and rust stains in the center. I was able to salvage the two embroidered ends to make two pillows. The back of each pillow has a different vintage fabric because I only had enough of each piece for one pillow. The borders on the front are the same as the back. I made an envelope opening in the back for insertion of the pillow form.
This pillow is the edge of two pillow cases joined with another spread sewn in the center. The tulips are not sewn down but are free on the edges to give the feel of a pillow case. It is actually sewn in the center where they join, but I used two layers to give the effect. On the back, the envelope enclosure has a scolloped edge from the original pillowslip.