Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Log Cabin Additions

While the back porch is under construction and being added to the cabin and the kitchen addition, I am cleaning up an old dry sink to use in the guest room bath as a vanity. Today I ordered a white vessel sink to mount in one end. 
I am also doing some restoration to old chamfered doors, cleaning, light sanding, and top coating with sealer to protect the finish from modern wear and tear. My husband added a board to the bottom of the white door, which is green on the reverse side. It is up to me to match the colors and distressing to make the board appear as it belongs. Have about 10 more doors to do. 

Bottom of picture is added board. 
My husband bracing a porch post. 

One of numerous chewed spots on the dry sink. 
Dry sink had been chewed by a ground hog in our garage!  Edges and dove tail top were ragged.  I sanded, stained and touched up "old" white paint. Now it is ready to be a vanity in the log cabin bathroom. 

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! Congrats on your house sale!! Looks like the cabin is shaping up beautifully! Doing any shows these days (not that you have time!) I signed up for Country Living with a friend (can't believe it myself!) but haven't heard yet if we're in. Stay in touch!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your COMMENTS