Monday, April 6, 2009

Wisteria Arbor

Three years ago, I planted this wisteria vine, but did not have any trellis for it to climb on. It twisted and wound it's way around every plant and bush in the garden until I could stand no more. So, last Spring I loaded up the materials at the lawn and garden store to build an arbor, and at last, give it a home. Most of the early buds were knocked off in the construction and the training of the vines, so there was no bloom. But this year, we have color! Not huge, but noticable color. As the vine matures, I will train it to cover the entire arbor, but for now, I am so delighted. It does my heart good to welcome springtime with blooms, especially as we celebrate the Ressurrection of our Lord! New Life! All things new! (Even the bumble bee in the first picture).











I drew out the design and intended for the arbor to be my project, but when my husband came home from work and found me chomping away with the post hole diggers, he came to the rescue. I was thankful, as it turned out to be a bigger project than I anticipated. Great guy.
Even the lilacs are showing their glory.

The fish pond had some little patches of color cropping up around it.

3 comments:

  1. Great job...you're much handier with a hammer and nail than I am. I am impressed. It will really be beautiful as the wisteria takes off and you know it will!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is going to look so lovely, when its at its peak. I love to plant and to see them mature from year to year. I love little ponds too, but don't one. Maybe one day-

    Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your visit and comments at my blog. I'm not sure how I've missed your blog before now. It is great. You have a beautiful home and farm. I've spent the last 20 minutes reading your past post and viewing photos.

    The photo of the wisteria and the bee is amazing. I had to enlarge it to get a better look at the bee, beautiful!! Don't you just love nature?

    I've added your blog to my favorites and will return often. Going to check out your other blog now.

    Have a happy and blessed Easter weekend.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your COMMENTS